President’s Message – September 2017
Only 18 days before the launch of what we are calling a “new show for a changing industry” –– the opening of PROCESS EXPO.
This show is all about providing: PURE PROCESSING PROVEN RESULTS. Immediately after our last show, the Association's leadership, coupled with extensive input from the membership, began making key changes and upgrades to PROCESS EXPO to better address the ever-changing needs of your customers — the show attendees. Because of all your efforts PROCESS EXPO will be the kind of exciting event that will please attendees and exhibitors alike. Let me share just a few things that will be buzzing at the show:
- Full Production Lines: For the first time ever, attendees will be able to witness three actual live full production line demonstrations with real product from the meat and bakery segments.
- Food Safety Programing: Partnering with experts from the Food Safety Summit, PROCESS EXPO will offer special tracks in food safety, hygienic design, and FSMA regulations.
- Virtual Reality Showroom: Attendees will not only be able to experience equipment up close but also be able to climb “inside” and have a fuller understanding of the unique capabilities of equipment from eight different equipment manufacturers.
- Innovations Showcase: More than just poster boards, attendees will see presentations from suppliers with the latest cutting-edge technology and equipment as well as to be able to cast their vote for the “People's Choice Award.” Think Shark Tank for the food processing industry.
- Executive Forum: This invitation-only program will provide C-level food & beverage processing executives the opportunity to address critical topics with industry experts and fellow leaders.
- HAACP Certification Courses: These training courses will cover FSMA compliance requirements and focus on Preventive Control Rules and result in attendees becoming HAACP certified.
- 1st Timers Program for Attendees: Another new program for first time attendees being held on days one and two designed to get new attendees better acquainted with all of the things to see at PROCESS EXPO, including the exhibitors.
- Women's Breakfast: Our newest initiative is a special leadership breakfast with a great keynote speaker for women in the food and beverage processing and packaging industry.
- Educational Programs: A completely revamped, upgraded and innovative educational program at our “PROCESS U” will be offered which includes a new “Processor Spotlight Series.” Additionally, a long list of great meet-ups at our “Feeding the Hopper” sessions will be featured on the show floor.
- Job Board/Career Development Roundtables: Unique to the show will be our first ever listing of available employment opportunities, as well as special career development roundtables that are being conducted by our Young Professionals Group. If you are looking for talent to fill vacant positions, you want to be involved in this.
- Networking/Receptions: Regarding our networking opportunities, an opening reception on Tuesday night will be held along with a special Wednesday reception in our authentic German Beer Garden. The garden will also feature a daily “Chicago Sampler” of Chicago hotdogs, deep dish pizza, Italian beef, popcorn and different German beers.
- DEFEAT HUNGER Campaign/Display: Our continuing “Giving Back” initiatives will also be a highlight for everyone coming to the show. FPSA's partnership with the Greater Chicago Food Depository will be evident with a “canstruction” display in the main Concourse and our press conference on Thursday to present our combined donations for our DEFEAT HUNGER drive.
As you can see, we together, have created more than a dozen new and exciting show floor activities and events. I continue to ask for your assistance in reaching out to your customers and invite them to the show so they can meet with you and share in these experiences. To facilitate that process I have included the below link that you can send to your customers allowing them to arrive at the registration page with a show code already inserted making it easier for them to register for free. https://registration.experientevent.com/Showfps171/default.aspx?VIP=FPSA
In closing, we are extremely grateful to the nearly 600 exhibitors who will make PROCESS EXPO 2017 a reality. We appreciate all you have done to help make improvements in “our show,” and especially want to recognize the hard work and support of our Board of Directors, Show Committee, and our industry councils.
See you soon in Chicago.