Hosted by FPSA’s Women’s Alliance Network’s Professional Development Committee, i-Chats are interactive, informal online events which allows members to discuss topics of interest, books, articles, etc.
i-Chats are intended to be a safe space for Women’s Alliance members to speak openly and honestly with their peers.
Past topics and books discussed:
- Leading by example to close the gender pay gap (60 Minutes video, April 15, 2018)
- Nice Girls Still Don’t Get the Corner Office: Unconscious Mistakes Women Make That Sabotage Their Careers (by Dr. Lois P. Frankel)
- The Male Factor: The Unwritten Rules, Misperceptions, and Secret Beliefs of Men in the Workplace (by Shaunti Feldhahn)
- The Fallacy of Work/Life Balance (TEDTalk video with Michael Walters)
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead (by Brene Brown)
- Nice Girls Don’t Speak Up or Stand Out: How to Make Your Voice Heard, Your Point Known, and Your Presence Felt (by Dr. Lois P. Frankel)
- How to Get a Seat at the Table (video with Dr. Shirley Davis, hosted by the Forum on Workplace Inclusion)