Professional Development Committee
The focus of the Professional Development Committee is to provide FPSA Women’s Alliance Network members with personal and professional training opportunities and interactive forums that invite idea sharing, encourage questions for discussion, and offers a platform for sharing solutions and best practices. Types of professional development offerings include webinars, i-Chats, articles, and other resources.
The WAN Professional Development Committee was instrumental in creating the Mentor Circle program.
Veronica Gonzalez Anritsu
Professional and Personal Development Resources (free and low-cost on-demand training)
- Lynda.com – for a small annual fee, members will have access to 6000+ training and certification classes taught by industry experts in a multitude of technical, professional, and leadership topics
- TED Talks – Many inspirational and educational video presentations
- TheMuse – Resource listing 45 FREE software/technical courses that you can complete in weeks
- HubSpot – Free online Marketing courses
- Coursera – Explore Coursera courses. 2000+ courses from schools like Stanford and Yale – no application required. Build career skills in data science, computer science, business, and more.
- SkillShare – for a small fee (monthly or annual), members can use this online learning platform offering more than 17,000 classes, projects, and workshops.