Professional Development Committee
The Professional Development Committee (PDC) assesses the professional development needs and interests of FPSA Women’s Council members. Organizes and provides training for FPSA Women’s Council members.
Our Focus – to provide members with personal and professional training opportunities and interactive forums that invites idea sharing, encourages questions for discussion and offers a platform for sharing solutions and best practices.
Professional and Personal Development Resources (free and low cost on demand training)
- Lynda.com – for a small annual fee, members will have access to 6000+ training and certification classes taught be industry experts in a multitude of technical, professional and leadership topics
- TED Talks – Many inspirational and educational video presentations
- TheMuse – Resource listing 45 FREE software/technical courses that you can complete in weeks
- HubSpot – Free online Marketing courses
- Coursera – Explore Coursera courses. 2000+ courses from schools like Stanford and Yale – no application required. Build career skills in data science, computer science, business, and more.
- SkillShare – for a small fee (monthly or annual), members can use this an online learning platform offering more than 17,000 classes, projects, and workshops.