What is DEFEAT HUNGER?
The Foundation of FPSA will be contributing $75,000 in support of the general operations of the Greater Chicago Food Depository, while at the same time hosting an onsite food drive which will take place at PROCESS EXPO being held November 3-6, 2013 at McCormick Place in Chicago.
What is the Greater Chicago Food Depository?
The Greater Chicago Food Depository is a group that supports over 650 local food pantries in Cook County, leading the fight against hunger in the greater Chicago area.
How do I donate?
- Exhibitors can simply include their donation with their booth shipment. From there, Expo officials will pick up the shipment from the respective booth and deliver to the Expo’s collection point.
- Exhibitors may also opt to send their shipment directly to McCormick Place between October 29th and November 1st. GES will then deliver the shipped food to the Expo’s collection point.
- Contributors may submit a financial donation directly to the Greater Chicago Food Depository. The Food Depository will leverage its collective buying power to purchase food and deliver to the Expo’s collection point.
- Contributors may also purchase food online to donate to the virtual food drive, available here.
What is the shipment address for donations going directly to McCormick Place?
If you choose to ship your donation directly to McCormick Place, separate from your booth shipment, please send it to:
PROCESS EXPO - DEFEAT HUNGER Campaign
2301 South Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60616
How much should I donate?
- One case of food is requested for every 1,000 SQ FT of exhibit space reserved
- For those booths of less than 1,000 SQ FT of exhibit space reserved, one case of food is requested.
Do I have to donate in order to exhibit at PROCESS EXPO?
All contributions are voluntary. No exhibitors are required to participate in the food drive. Exhibitors may wish to and are encouraged to exceed the recommended contribution amounts.
How will Defeat Hunger be promoted at PROCESS EXPO?
Working with the Food Depository, FPSA will develop and hold a press conference during which the Foundation’s financial contribution – a large over-sized check -- will be presented in front of the exhibitor-contributed cases of food at McCormick. Appropriate officials from the city of Chicago and McCormick will be invited to participate and be part of our efforts. Exhibitors who participate in the campaign will be asked to attend and participate in this event.
Will exhibitors be recognized for their contributions and efforts?
Each donating exhibitor will be recognized for their contribution with booth signage and pins along with invitations for their inclusion and attendance at our press conference.
Will the McCormick Center and other partners be participating in DEFEAT HUNGER?
Discussions with McCormick Place personnel have taken place and they have expressed an interest in supporting and assisting us with our campaign. Likewise, FPSA will elicit the help and involvement of our industry trade media for inclusion, promotion, and support of the initiative.